For information about STAV events and activities go to www.stav.org.au.
Date: Thursday 28 and Friday 29 November 2013
Venue: La Trobe University, Bundoora
Registration is now open
Stanhope Oration Keynote delivered at CONASTA. Available here
NEW products - In the Garden and By the Pond
Suitable for K - Grade 1
An animated and musical journey through the world of science and nature outside your back door. DVD and flashcards, filled with fun facts and questions. More information.
Water and environmental sustainability
savewater!® has produced three sets of worksheets in line with the new Australian curriculum:
- Water Savers, on saving water in and around the home for years 6 – 8
- Carbon Tradies, on environmental sustainability locally for years 7 - 9
- Climate Change. The Cold Hard Facts, based on documentary for years 9 – 10
These activities sheets and associated teacher’s guides are available to download from
Physics workshops for teachers of middle years science
Making sense of Newton's laws of motion
Date for 2014 TBA
Modelling electricity: from batteries to power stations.
Date for 2014 TBA
The EPA has recently released a new Australian Greenhouse Calculator.
National Science Week
Date: 16 - 24 August, 2014
Science and Mathematics Education Strategy for Victorian schools
The Strategy’s objectives are to:
- raise the level of science and mathematics achievement of every Victorian student
- increase student interest and participation, and encourage more students to pursue science and mathematics-related careers
- expand the knowledge base of teachers and increase teacher capacity to engage students.
Science Talent Search 2014
Check the STS website for the latest information. If you would like a poster to help promote STS in your school, contact the STS project officer.